People are the most critical aspect of maintaining our national security, and managing and taking care of our people is one of the most critical missions we have in the Department of Defense (DoD). Our workforce is large, with over 900,000 civilian employees.
Civilian Personnel Policy (CPP) and the Defense Civilian Personnel Advisory Service (DCPAS) support the military departments and Defense agencies as the enterprise leader in the development and delivery of civilian personnel policies and HR solutions that strengthen mission readiness. It is our vision to be the “Federal government’s premier provider of innovative and fiscally responsible civilian personnel policies, HR solutions, and advisory services” in the following areas:
- workforce forecasting, planning and shaping
- recruitment, employment, and retention
- education, training, and leadership development
- performance management, recognition and awards
- classification, compensation, and benefits
- labor and employee relations
- work-life balance, telework, and wellness
- executive resources management
- data systems design, development, deployment and sustainment
- overseas and foreign national employment
- Equal Employment Opportunity investigations and mediations
- legislative and regulatory proposals
- wage surveys for federal wage system and other specialty occupations
- deployment of civilians
We are committed to excellence for our customers and stakeholders in delivering HR policies, advisory services and effective and efficient HR solutions.
We are the DOD enterprise leader in the development and delivery of civilian personnel policies and HR solutions that strengthen mission readiness.
To be the Federal Government's premier provider of innovative and fiscally responsible civilian personnel policies, HR solutions, and advisory services.
- Institutionalize an integrated HR lifecycle to manage the 21st Century DOD civilian workforce
- Strengthen individual and mission readiness and promote well-being
- Build and cultivate strategic partnerships and conduct outreach to improve customer service
- Continuously advance our effectiveness, efficiency, and adaptability to deliver high-impact results which satisfy our customers' requirements
- Reinvigorate the professional HR community to optimize the balance between functional and strategic expertise
Click Image to Enlarge
Download DCPAS Org Chart (PDF)